no offense to brent, but dennis had been in the band for twenty years and was a member of the the band at the time.
well, yea they got to it eventually, not as much homage payed compared to when Dennis passed away.
Social Distortion's homage to Brent Liles
no offense to brent, but dennis had been in the band for twenty years and was a member of the the band at the time.
i saw this the other day, its really pretty sad that the only thing they say is RIP Brent Liles and have the years, and the little picture of brent.
they should have comments from Mike, but i guess he feels it isnt a big deal
I doubt it has anything to do with that. For one, Mike's said he never gives a shit about the internet, and secondly, people handle death differently. Just because words aren't said, doesn't mean the loss isn't respected. Sometimes silence can mean it even more so.
yea that is true, i dont know I would just think that whether he gives a shit about the internet or not he would let his feelings be known on the issue
<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">maybe we'll find out on the next tour/album.Originally posted by social_d_fan01:
yea that is true, i dont know I would just think that whether he gives a shit about the internet or not he would let his feelings be known on the issue
Okay people, First of all if any of you have the dvd of Another State of Mind and you listen\watch to the commentary by the directors, you will hear them talk about how Mike and Brent were not getting along. This takes place in the part where Mike is teaching the band "Another State of Mind". Second Dennis and Mike were life long friends as well as band mates. Third, if any of you have ever been in a band and have broken up and started over you know that sometimes you never even see former members let alone pay homage to them when they die. I'm not saying that Brent never contributed to SD, I'm just saying that what is between two people who were in a band together, is between them not the rest of the fricking world. When the news first came out everyone was saying that it sucks that there wasn't anything on the SD website. Now that there is something on the SD website everyone thinks there should be more. How many of us realistically even saw SD with Brent playing bass? I know I never saw them until they had the Prison Bound lineup. Stop pestering and acting like you are entitled to some long winded statement from Mike. RIP means alot, how many of you even have that on your own webpage or myspace. I think as fans we all owe Mike and Brent their own privacy on this issue.
There should still be more said, other RIP, which doesnt mean much
I agree with Big Mike.mike may have never spoken to brent in 20 years who knows.
<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">thats the big thing "who knows"Originally posted by SocialFUKIND:
I agree with Big Mike.mike may have never spoken to brent in 20 years who knows.
Bookmarks